Monday, September 10, 2007

T minus 1....and the countdown is at an end...

Monday September 10, 2007

Woke up really early....had a lot to do today. Must say that I'm so glad to think that I managed to finish up all the things I really wanted/needed to finish up here. Got done with so much laundry, cleaning out the fridge and cleaning up after countless visits from Couchsurfers. I didn't finish all the cleaning up I should have finished but instead I'll pay someone to do it and in turn I enjoyed this last day in Iceland (for 4 months) so much more. I threw out stuff from the room downstairs, went suntanning, had veggie lunch with Marjorie from Couchsurfing, she helped me pick up my grandma's car and return the rental car I had, I went to the credit card company and got paid back some money for my trip (gotta love travelchecks: ferðaávísanir).

Next I returned the mattresses that i borrowed from my Grandma so I could host more couchsurfers and had a lovely cup of coffee with her :D

The rest of the evening was dedicated to relaxing, eating good food, taking a great walk down memory lane and having great company. Getting ready for the trip it self was a really small part of it ;) I also met my mom in the evening, said my goodbyes and received a blessing from her. Really good to meet her...a real continuance from meeting her at the Veggie resteraunt 2 days ago.

Even though the night in Reykjavík did not end the way I wanted it to, it was really a wonderful night and I'm so glad I got to experience it.

Didn't sleep at all this night so I'll give you a sneek preview on "tomorrow":

Around 4.20 I drove my grandma's car back to her house and when I got there I had to get a taxi to get to BSÍ. When she got there I asked her if she could drive me all the way to the Airport and since it didn't cost much more then the bus (with the added expense of getting a taxi to BSÍ) I went with her. Already the ODYSSEY began with the first person that would influence me. Her name is Þuríður Saga and Saga means story...and there is truly a story behind that name. I'll never forget this great taxi driver and the first mark she left on my adventure :D

1 comment:

hildur hamingjubelja said...

Hæ sæti, góða ferð. Ætlaði nú reyndar að kíkja á þig í gærkvöldi en lá í staðinn með gubbupesti. Jibbíkajei...

Knús í krús...